Dissent is the highest form of patriotism -Howard Zinn

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Spruce Creek fishing report

Fresh out of school, I was ready to get back on the water. This time it was with my kayak in Rose Bay. Rose Bay, along with Turnbull Bay, are oyster filled creeks, channels and bays connecting the ICW and Spruce Creek. I went in search of redfish, but only found stingrays and manatees.

There is a funny thing about manatees. Their tails remind me of frisbees, giant frisbees, while their bodies remind me of potatoes, large potatoes indeed. Paint it grey, add hairs over their body, make em' 800 pounds- and that's one weird animal. So how are they still so cute?

I fished for about two hours and ended up not catching jack. Actually, I'm lying- I caught 4 jacks. They look like this.

Posted by Hello
When I came back in, I met a nice guy at Spruce Creek Outfitters. I bought my own kayak from there 2 years before when a different person, looking strangely similar to my deceased grandpa, had owned it. The new owner, Jason, gave me some tips on my own kayak, the jitterbug. Check him out at http://sprucecreekkayaks.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home